COVID-19 UPDATE re The Makers Studio - January 2020
COVID 19 - PLAN
FOR WORKSHOPS, MEMBERS WORKSHOPS AND OPEN ACCESS DAYS.
- Workshop members must use hand sanitiser and wear your own mask , unless there is a medical reason why you cannot.
- The QR code is available for registering on entering the building. Report to the Workshop Technical Assistant (WTA) or TMS member running the members workshop or on duty for Open Access days (TMSM). The WTA/TMSM is responsible for checking you have registered using the QR code or recording names if you do not have a phone of those present and their contact details using the proforma provided by TMS.
- If you have any sign of flu symptoms, temperature or feeling unwell, please do not attend the TMS workshop space until all your symptoms have disappeared and you have a negative COVID test result.
- If you come from any of the designated hotspots at the time of the workshop, please do not attend.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times.
- Workshop members are required to bring their own mask, apron, eating utensils and coffee/tea mug.
- No sharing of food is allowed. Workshop members are required to bring their own morning and afternoon tea and lunch.
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch, when possible, will be consumed outside to ensure social distancing and maintain workstation hygiene.
- There is a maximum of 2 members at one time in the kitchen.
- At the end of the workshop participants will be asked to clean and sanitise their table and/or workstation. The WTA/TMSM will clean and sanitise high use common areas and equipment.
TMS Central Coast Inc.
COVID - 19 UPDATE re THE MAKERS STUDIO- Wednesday 18/3/2020
The Committee has made the difficult decision to cancel all group activities at The Makers Studio as from today until further notice. The COVID-19 virus makes this a necessity to protect the health and wellbeing of our members/community and also to minimise the spread of the virus to enable our health system to cope during the coming months.
This means that the following will be cancelled or postponed until further advice tells us it is safe to resume activities.
- Open Access days, orientation days, all scheduled workshops, meetings, social events, excursions.
- The Studio space can be booked by individual members to work in the studio to complete printing. This is restricted to 2 people at a time. Members must follow safe and healthy protocols as outlined at the bottom of the page. ( all bookings are through Carol Vesper or ( email - email@example.com) day rate is $20. You must be competent in the use of the equipment)
- The Second Impressions Exchange with Firestation in Melbourne will still stay in place.
We will postpone, where possible and reschedule when we are able all workshops. At this stage, this will be for March and April. ( Seraphina Martin ( March 21,22), Members introduction to Aluminium, Cheryl McCoy (April 4), Kathryn Orton (April 25,26) We will reassess May and June etc in early April, and continue to do so until this situation has settled down.
All workshop participants will be given a full refund for their workshop as it will be cancelled on Eventbrite.
Please be patient in regards to refunds as our treasurer will have a huge job to get this job completed.
Decisions re extending the due date of annual membership payments will be made as the situation unfolds. We acknowledge that some accommodation will need to be made to ensure members get some benefits from their membership.
Please following the following advice if attending booked studio time:
- If you are unwell ( especially with symptoms of a sore throat, headache, dry cough, a fever or a cold or any flu like symptoms ) do not attend the studio for any reason
- If you have returned from overseas in the past 14 days do not attend the studio
- Please exercise the recommended no close contact with people ( eg- hand shaking, hugging, kissing etc)
- Thoroughly wash hands on arrival and regularly throughout the day.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow /tissue and then dispose of tissue in the outside bins.
We appreciate your support with these difficult decisions as we do all we can to support our membership and our community in this very challenging time.
The Makers Studio Committee